Monday, November 19, 2012

Wheeee...

Hey, MariBelle! I just want to point out that your half-marathon running stint last year has inspired me to think that I can do it too. I used to think that 2 miles was a reaaaallly looong tiiime, but since I've been building up mileage, running 2 miles has felt like a coffee break!

By the way, I'd also like to mention that none of us has the stereotypical "marathon physique," which makes me love the message that the average woman can do this. Also, Jess, I'm not sure how tall you are, but Marie, Perry, and I have the additional challenge of shorter-than-average legs, :/.  But that's okay too! I don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to exploring the Kingdom and finishing.

Today, I'm blogging because I lost the motivation to run outside and tricked myself into think cross-training should be an adequate substitution. I hope that's okay? My average weekly mileage has been around 6mi, and my longest run thus far has been 8mi, so I think I am on track. I hope we can continue motivating each other through these pound-laden holidays, too. As far as cross-training, I throw in a swim every once in awhile but currently am looking for good, simple strength training exercise. What do you all think of this one? Any suggestions?

I'm throwing in a second vote for the Jeff Galloway methods. I also love RunKeeper, which uses my iPhone's GPS to track my runs. Run run run...

No comments:

Post a Comment